Saint John Ambulance needed to engage with a campaign to generate awareness around their brand. Rather than targeting traditional media, a number of print “Posters” were distributed and two provinces joined the campaign (Saskatchewan and British Columbia). The posters featured powerful imagery with nothing more than a QR code so that people with mobile devices could scan the QR code and be directed to a responsive, mobile-friendly URL to watch a short video and later sign up for a special offer.
A fully responsive, mobile-friendly version of the website was also developed to support traditional uses of media.
- Engaging a number of devices from iPhones to Android phones, to blackberries and tablets.
- Conform to Saint John Ambulance branding guidelines while
- HTML5 mobile focused technology
- Individual landing pages for QR code lead generation and metrics
- The project consisted of first identifying the various target audiences. From this aspect, a mobile-friendly “I Need You” campaign microsite strategy was developed. Once identified, the information architecture, tone, custom photography and visual design were created to speak to the audience on a variety of devices.
- Top level navigation was employed for its ability to easily reposition itself depending on device. Easy navigation, large buttons for thumb tapping and cross-site linking strategies were also employed to ensure a top notch user experience.
- The overall site structure was built with HTML5 technology
While a full “desktop experience” based website was built, more traffic has been generated from mobile devices as intended. Metrics indicated that the videos are being watched and hundreds of various devices have accessed the website from mobile phones such as iPhones. Less utilized devices such as the SonyEricsson LT15i Xperia and the RIM BlackBerry 9300 Curve 3G accounted for much of the traffic as well. And let’s not forget about Apple’s iPad ranking in as the 5th most popular overall device.
The URL can be found at www.ineedyou.ca